Jay B Benson, MD
Dr. Jay Benson graduated from Tufts University with a Bachelor of Science degree. He obtained his medical degree, with honors, from Tuft University School of Medicine. Dr. Benson completed his internships and residency in Internal Medicine at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Boston and Boston Veterans Administration Hospital. He completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of Connecticut Health Center. Dr. Benson is board certified in both internal medicine and gastroenterology.
Dr. Benson achieved numerous academic honors and awards including a promotion to a Full Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. He is a published author of several scientific journals. Dr. Benson is actively involved at St. Francis's Hospital and Medical of Hartford CT where he served as the Chief, Section of Gastroenterology for 20 years.
Dr. Benson is a board certified in Addiction Medicine and is a co-founder and the Clinical Director of Connecticut Addiction Medicine, LLC. His practice is fully devoted to the field of Addiction Medicine.
- Gastroenterology Fellowship University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT
- Internal Medicine Residency, Boston Veterans Administration Hospital, Boston MA
- Internal Medicine Residency, St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Boston, Boston MA
- Internal Medicine Internship, St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Boston, Boston MA
- MD Degree, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston MA
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Tufts University, Boston MA
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Gastroenterology
- American Board of Addiction Medicine